© 2019 The Book Shop

Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm

Saturday: 9am - 5pm

Sunday:    1pm - 5pm

The Book Shop

252.240.1163

4915 Arendell Street (K-mart Plaza)

Morehead City, NC 28577

  • Facebook Clean
  • Facebook Clean
 

    Membership Card   

Get our $10 Bookshop membership card and receive 25% off your purchases for 1 year!

 

    Contact Us    

The Book Shop

4915 Arendell Street

K-mart Plaza

Morehead City, NC 28577

 

Tel: 252-240-1163

Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm

Saturday: 9am - 5pm

Sunday:    1pm - 5pm

  • Facebook Clean
 

    About Us   

Welcome to The Bookshop in Morehead City, NC. We have a large selection of new and used books. Our used book inventory is over 50,000 books.  From fiction to non-fiction, kids books to novels, we have everything you're looking for. We also have used DVD movies and Audio Books. Whether you're looking for a book for the beach or a gift for that special someone, we have it all. At the Morehead City Bookshop you will find a great selection of books from local authors too. We have a large selecion of local and regional books. After you've read your books, you can bring them back to get store credit. We also accept used DVDs movies and Audio Books. Use this credit towards your next reading adventure. 

 

Get our $10 membership card and receive 25% off your purchases for one year!

 

Get 10% off our new books!

 

  • Facebook Clean

    Gifts     

Need a gift? The Morehead City Bookshop has a nice selection of gifts to choose from. We have a great selection of reading glasses, peepers, and sun readers. How about bookmarks or bible covers? At the Morehead City Bookshop you will find a selection of cards for any occassion. We have North Country Bouy Bells and Mighty Brite Booklights too.  Need children's books, then the Morehead City Bookshop is the place to be. 

 

Get our 10% membership card and receive 25% off your purchases for one year!

 

Get 10% off our new books!

 

 

   Used Books, DVD's & Audio Books    

 

At the Bookshop in Morehead City NC, we have over 50,000 used books. From fiction to non-fiction, kids books to novels, we have everything you're looking for. We also have used DVD movies and Audio Books. When you are finished with your Book, DVD, or Audio Book, bring it in to recieve Trade Credit. This credit can be used toward any of our Used Books, DVD's, or Audio Books.

 

 

Used books are first evaluated for condition. We do not take books that have been wet, are dirty, or have an offensive odor. Books also must not be ripped or have broken spines.

 

Hardcover books must have original dust covers intact. Currently, we are only taking first editions and book of the month club edition in fiction hardcover books. Some exceptions may apply.

 

We do not take:

  • Ex-library books

  • Reader's digest condensed

  • College textbooks

  • Nonfiction that is out of date

  • Encyclopedia sets

  • Serial romances that are over 6 months old

 

Books are also evaluated for the number of copies we already have due to limited shelf space.

 

Please use appropriate containers when you bring in books to trade.

Please do not use garbage bags.

 

Used books may be traded at anytime, however, it takes time to do the evaluation. One or two grocery size bags or a small box can be evaluated for credit while you wait. Any amount over that needs to be dropped off to be evaluated as time permits. During busy time of the year, this could take up to 2-4 weeks, depending on the amount you drop off.

 

When you trade books, you have the option to donate any books that we do not take. Currently we donate books to Goodwill of North Carolina and other organizations.

 

Please do not bring books in to trade during rainstorms. We will reject any wet books.

 

We reserve the right to refuse any book for trade.

 

Effective March 1st, 2012: 10% of any purchase has to be in cash, check, or credit card. The remaining 90% can be used in store credit.

 

   Used Book Policy   

    Location